Best Start Music Lessons: Book 2 - PRE-ORDER!
Engaging and interactive music lessons for young beginners of recorder, fife, or flute. There are 24 new songs to learn using notes B, A, G, F, E, C, and D, as well as games and activities to support learning and develop a “whole” musician.
Beautifully presented lessons with full colour illustrations make teaching easy and learning fun. Develop skills that make transitions to school band programs and other instruments easy. Many varied activities to keep young minds engaged while building knowledge and skills.
An ideal complement to an instrumental music teacher’s library.
Best Start Music Lessons introduce foundational musical concepts and skills to the young beginner. As well as developing musical skills and competencies, these lessons aim to foster a love of music and music making.
Originally developed for children aged 3 - 7 years, it is also a great resource for older students who may progress through the books faster, while still developing a strong musical foundation.
A comprehensive system of learning in which the students are truly engaged ensures that musical concepts are thoroughly understood, develops a solid foundation of key skills, and provides the best musical start possible.
- Engaging and interactive - many different activities including writing, drawing, colouring, movement, improvisation
- Slow paced progression to accommodate the youngest beginners
- Structured lessons provide a familiar routine
- Suitable for individual or group tuition
- Activities suitable for classroom use
- Clear format - easy for teachers to teach and easy for parents to reinforce learning at home
The skills developed in this book are readily transferable to other instruments, making the transition to new instruments and school band programs easy.
Best Start Music Lessons can be used in a variety of ways to suit individual students and teachers.
- Older students - may spend one week on each lesson.
- Younger students - may spend two weeks on each lesson.
- Teachers can choose which activities to spend more time on each week according to the flow of lessons and individual student needs.
- No need to complete all activities in one lesson before moving on to the next.
- Lessons can be repeated on multiple instruments.
- When repeating the lessons, musical skills and activities are familiar - this gives space to concentrate on tone and technique.
Best Start Music Lessons emphasizes the development of strong aural and rhythmic skills.
The methodologies of Kodaly, Orff and Dalcroze have provided inspiration for many of the activities in this book, however Best Start Music Lessons do not claim to embody any one or all of these methods. Inspiration has also been drawn from the works of author, educator and composer, Paul Harris. A list of further reading is provided on the Best Start Music website: www.beststartmusic.com.
Best Start Music Lessons aim to empower children by giving them the tools and skills to decode and analyse music easily.
Sarah Broughton Stalbow is a well known flute player and educator from Sydney, Australia. She is a graduate of the Royal College of Music, London, and the Australian National University, Canberra School of Music. Sarah has performed in orchestras in the United Kingdom, China, and Australia, and as a chamber musician she has toured Asia. Sarah has a special interest in teaching beginners, and has been inspired by her mother, specialist in childhood development and learning, Beverley Broughton.
We take the utmost care in ensuring items from our little shop are mailed in good time and packaged appropriately for shipping. If for any reason an item arrives damaged, please contact us immediately so we can assess the situation and make an amicable plan with you!